Thursday 5 June 2008

Important Lessons

I am on the verge of completing my time at HTC, in fact I have sat my last exam and have no more papers due. I have learnt a lot from the classes, the lecturers, and the other students. I was reflecting on these things and realise they have shaped me and will shape my future ministry. Something else that the LORD has used in making me the type of Christian I am are two important things. The first church I ever attended was orthodoxy theologically, yet failed to communicate the love of Jesus to me a young convert with no Christian friends. The next church I attended was very friendly and I settled down there, I soon learnt from reading my Bible that there were some serious theological flaws at this church. I stayed there for three years before moving on again. I hope to have learnt lessons from both, my deep desire is to shape a church with sound biblical teaching and to ensure that the people are loving and welcoming as Jesus is. So that the whosoever of JOHN 3:16 can come to believe and have eternal life.
God Bless
Stephen

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Hi Stephen,
Got any plans for the future?

I was up your way 3 weeks ago at the APC General Assembly at Kingsview Christian Centre. First time I have been in Inverness. Beautiful.

Stephen said...

Hi Stephen,
I wish you had said before we could have had a coffee (I mean tea). I know a few folk from Kingsview, great people.
I'll let you know in a couple of where the Lord is leading me.
God bless
Stephen