Monday 21 April 2008

Barton at Barnton

Yesterday I got to preach in a Church planted by Charlotte's chapel in Edinburgh. As I found out my dissertation is due four weeks earlier than I had anticipated I revamped an older sermon from 1 John chapter 1. Fellowship with God. You can hear it on their website:- Barnton Baptist Church. I enjoyed the church and especially the fellowship with one family who put us up for the weekend. The church had a youthful vibe to it, so Joy and I really enjoyed our time there.

Shalom
Stephen

4 comments:

Stuart said...

Ah so here you are Barton, either your not answering your emails or things are going so badly that unbelievably you don't wanna know me anymore. come on get in touch mate
Stuart

Mike said...

Hi I attend BBC in Minneapolis MN and I am getting a degree in Urban Ministry. I would also like to get a M.div and later on a Ph.d do you have any advice for a UK university?

Stephen said...

Hi Michael,

The college I attend would be a good starting place. We have a number of America guys who are studying over there. I think they do two semesters at HTC. http://www.htc.uhi.ac.uk/. Its reformed and evangelical, although not Baptist I'm afraid, but there are some baptists on staff.
God Bless
Stephen Barton

Speckled Phantom said...

There is a good program in the USA at http://www.rbseminary.org/

It is Baptistic and Reformed.