Sunday 6 January 2008

Seize the day-to live with all my might

One of Edward's resolutions, "to live with all my might as long as I do live" is very important to me this year. I realise that my time at HTC is coming to an end, having just one semester left. Also I realise that if I am going into ministry this year then we shall soon be leaving Culloden Baptist Church, so I earnestly intend to enjoy every moment of both. Today was a good day, with much encouragement. I wasn't in the service for the sermon, instead I was with the young people, where we were discussing the place of the bible in their day to day living. I was encouraged not only by their successes but by their honest. After the service one of our more mature members came up to me to ask me some "on the spot questions". I was really encouraged that she could come to me with these questions but even more, I was encouraged by how the questions had arisen. She has a good friend that is an atheist who asks her challenging questions. I think she is somewhat unusual in having that type of relationship with someone, but it is something we should all seek to have. I am glad that I was able to answer her questions and hopefully she will continue to have fruitful conversation with her friend. Richard Dawkins accuses Christians of not being open minded, I know many Christians that have read his latest book. I have read bits and have also read a couple of other books by people antagonist to the gospel, if we are to understand people, their hurts and their questions we need to do this.

Shalom
Stephen

No comments: