Friday 11 July 2008

The God who answers prayer

A little bird might have already told you but my wife and I have been trying for a baby for four years. Last year we had a miscarriage which was one of several hard events that came our way last year. In April this year I was out on a walk and prayed that God would take away the desire for a child as it was hurting me too much. I walked a few paces and the desire to pray for a child came stronger. About a week later I prayed again and felt a strong sense of peace that God had heard my prayer and it was going to be answered. I even got to tell a college friend whilst we were out for coffee that I knew God was going to give Joy and I a baby. About two weeks later Joy took a pregnancy test and it was positive. The pregnancy is going well, and we are excited that we are going to be parents.
God answers prayer!
Stephen

1 comment:

Eilidh said...

hi Stephen

so glad things are still going well with you, Joy and the baby! keep me up to date! praying for y'all.

Eilidh